Monday, March 30, 2009

CVS and Walgreens Deals 03/29














**This is what my kitchen table looks like when I am plotting**


So the hubs and I had a discussion about budgeting and finances (We are big fans of Dave Ramsey and are small group facilitators for our 3rd session of FPU) and I proposed that I get $20 and only $20 a week for my drug store addiction. That way he can't accuse me of spending too much and I can't spend too much. See its a win-win.



We stopped by CVS on our way to FPU last night and I had James go in with me. I was going to attempt my first multiple transactions-transaction and I wanted his help. Here is what I got:
  • Softsoap Ensembles, 1 kit $7.99 and 1 refill $3.99, used $2/1 and $1/1 coupons; paid with ECB's and OOP $0.75, earned $4.00 ECB's
  • Paas Easter Egg dye kits(2), $1.99 ea.; earned $1.99 ECB's and
  • Glade Sense and Spray $5.99, used $4/1 and earned $1 ECB
  • Used $4 ECB from first transaction, paid $2.42 OOP

Ponds Towelettes $3.99, used $1/1

Ponds Cream $6.99, used $1.25/1

Used $1 and $3.98 ECB's from above, paid $3.70 OOP earned $5 ECB's from $10 worth of Ponds

So total OOP I spent was $6.87 and I have $5 ECB's left over

James seemed please with our transactions! For anyone that plays poker he likened it to raking in the pot after putting the bad beat on someone. You feel like you got away with something, but at the same time you can't help but smile.

Next we went to Walgreens after FPU. They are having a sale on printer cartridge refills, $7.50 and then there is a rebate for $7.50 in this months Easy Saver. We dropped those off and will get them later today.

Edge Shave Gel (hiding behind the Skintimate) on clearance for $2.39, paid $2.57 OOP, earned $3 RR

Quaker Granola Bars 2/$5 used 75 cent coupon and the $3 RR from above, paid $1.63 OOP and earned a $2 RR

Chapstick Naturals $1.99

Dawn $0.99 each

Skintimate Shave Gel $2.99

used $2 RR from above, paid $5.48 OOP earned $2 and $3 RR

Total Paid OOP $9.68 and I have $5 in RR

This transaction didn't go exactly as I had originally planned. I didn't know about the Edge being eligible for the RR, so we threw that in at the last minute. Then I forgot about doing the Skintimate separately and thought I had messed up and spent more money, but when I went home and did the math I actually did spend eighteen cents more, but I ended up with $3 more RR than I would have otherwise. So it all worked out. And I may have created a monster. I think James plans on going back and looking for more "free" shave gel!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

this is like a whole other language....i am confused. but way to go!!!