Saturday, March 28, 2009

My limited cooking skills




So for a week we've had crazy weather. Sunday it was 75 degrees, Monday we had tornado warnings and thunderstorms, yesterday it was cold and rainy and today its snowing. A lot. I had gone to bed thinking we'd wake up and it would be a blizzard and instead after the *sniff* upsetting KU loss, I woke up and was elated to see it was only raining. So I went to WW as normal, then came home and we all snuggled down on the couch to watch Fantasia 2000, then met up with some friends at Imo's for lunch and it was while we were at Imo's that the rain/slush mix turned to full on snow. By the time we made it home (after a pit stop at the grocery store) it was full on blowing snow. That pretty much sealed the deal that we wouldn't be going anywhere for the rest of the day. I decided to make a Easy-Cheesy Hamburger Quiche that my MIL gave me the recipe for (that's why the pit stop at the store, I needed more cheese...see Steph? You can never have too much cheese!).


It turned out fabulous and delicious and was perfect for this "snowy spring" day. Enjoy!


Easy-Cheesy Hamburger Quiche:

1 lb ground beef

1/2 C. mayonnaise

1/2 C. Milk (optional, but I used it)

3 eggs

1/2 t. salt

dash of pepper

2 1/2 to 3 C. grated, sharp cheddar cheese

1/2 C. chopped onion (eww gross this did NOT go in)

10" pie shell


Brown meat and drain. Blend mayonnaise, milk, eggs and seasonings. Add meat, cheese and (yick) onions. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.


Easy on the Budget~


**I would have a taken a picture of the final/cooked product except that my foil stuck to my crust like it always does and parts of it fell apart. And if I don't use the foil I burn the crust instead. So it was not picture worthy. I think I am going to start making home-made pie crust instead of using store bought, maybe that will help?


And finally a picture of what the little munchkin was doing while I was cooking:


1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Hehe. I have been trying to use up my cheese stash! I had a quesadilla for lunch and made cheesy chicken pasta for dinner :)