Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Walgreens Run(s) 03/10

My new obsession continues. By now everyone with a kid in diapers knows about the Walgreen's diaper deal this week. In fact so many people know that I had to go to THREE Walgreen's to find diapers that would fit Lily. Don't worry they were all within a 3 mile radius of our house so I wasn't wasting gas to get there. Store #1 only had size 5/6 and store #2 was totally out. Store#3 had sizes 3/4 so I grabbed one of each. The only other requirement we had was the $15 rebate on Energizer rechargeable batteries.
At the second store I decided to go ahead and buy some of items on my list in case I got to the third store and they didn't have everything either. I took one picture of all the items together though:















So here is the break down
Store #2:
  • 2 Glade Lasting Scent Fans $7.99 ea.; used 1 BOGO and 1 easy saver.
  • 6 Garnier Fructuis products; on sale for $2.99 with $2.00 easy saver.
  • 2 Coffeemate Creamers; on sale for $2.50 BOGO, used 2 $1.50 coupons from Sunday's ads; made $0.50 off that deal
  • 1 Curling Iron cover; on clearance for $0.50

Total OOP: $12.74

Total Savings: $39.47

  • 3 packs of 4 AA engergizer rechargable batteries (purchased by jameswearphotography.com)

Total OOP: $25

Rebate: $15 (plus 10% for getting a gift card)

Store #3:

  • 2 packs of Huggies Natural Fit Diapers; $10 ea, used 2 $3.00 mfg's
  • 1 184 count pack of Huggies Wipes; $6 ea, used $5.00 on any Huggies product mfg

Total OOP: $16.99

Total Savings: $15.97

Register Rewards Earned: $10 (from the Kimberly-Clark buy $25 get $10 RR deal)

Then on my way home from Jazzercise later that night I remember I had 2 $1.0o off for Garnier Fructuis products, so I went back to Walgreen's #1 and got 2 more products free and a curling iron for $5 (its not the best, but it was 7.99 with $2 off the easy saver and I need a cheap curling iron for when the Chi just won't cut it).

So there you have it. I put a few hours worth of research into the Walgreen's run (ok really it was like maybe an hour) but I feel pretty good about our purchases. I didn't buy anything we didn't need or won't use ever and between the CVS and Walgreen's run I have $18 to work with next week to get that "snowball" of savings rolling.

No comments: