Week 1 Recipe:
From my Handy Dandy FREE Jiffy Cookbook
Mexican Corn Bake
- 1 pkg Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1/4 C. flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 C. milk
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder (unless you are using something from Penzey's Spices, then only use half)
- 1 tsp. parsley flakes (didn't have any, oops!)
- 1 can, 15 oz, Chili (I used a 19oz can instead)
- 2 C. shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, grease 13" x9" pan
- Combine muffin mix, flour, egg, milk chili powder and parsley flakes, blending well. on floured surface, knead dough 10-15 times until dough becomes soft and easy to handle. Press dough into bottom of prepared pan. Spread chili over crust and sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes. Cut into squares. Let sit 10 minutes and serve.
Makes 9-12 Servings (I made mine into 12)
And in case you were keeping score, that doesn't seem very WW friendly does it? The total dish has 60 points, 5 points per serving. I ate two.