Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Whip it Up 2009

I decided to participate in the Whip It Up Challenge, 2009. I don't even remember how I found out about it. Blog stalking I guess. I'm probably going to come to regret this. I don't cook that well, or often for that matter. And I am definitely not creative. But with James working late hours now, I'm not going to go out to eat with a 2 year old in tow, so I might as well cook. And as a personal challenge (because I really needed one!) I'm going to be looking for recipes that are Weight Watcher Friendly and LeftOver Friendly. Since James'll be eating everything 2 or more hours after I make it.

Week 1 Recipe:

From my Handy Dandy FREE Jiffy Cookbook

Mexican Corn Bake
  • 1 pkg Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
  • 1/4 C. flour
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 C. milk
  • 2 tbsp Chili Powder (unless you are using something from Penzey's Spices, then only use half)
  • 1 tsp. parsley flakes (didn't have any, oops!)
  • 1 can, 15 oz, Chili (I used a 19oz can instead)
  • 2 C. shredded cheddar cheese
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees, grease 13" x9" pan
  2. Combine muffin mix, flour, egg, milk chili powder and parsley flakes, blending well. on floured surface, knead dough 10-15 times until dough becomes soft and easy to handle. Press dough into bottom of prepared pan. Spread chili over crust and sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes. Cut into squares. Let sit 10 minutes and serve.

Makes 9-12 Servings (I made mine into 12)

And in case you were keeping score, that doesn't seem very WW friendly does it? The total dish has 60 points, 5 points per serving. I ate two.

No comments: