Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Guilty Pleasures


Its week 2 of Whip It Up!

I had the opportunity to try out lots of new recipes this week on my in-laws because we went on our annual 4th of July family trip to Bennett Springs. I was instructed to bring a snack/side dish and dessert. I really wanted to try Peanut Buster Bars, but my MIL doesn't like the combo of peanuts and chocolate (I know! Who doesn't like peanut butter and chocolate?) so I opted to try Miss Daisy's Cherry Salad.



Ingredients:
  1. 8 0z container of thawed Cool Whip ( I used light)
  2. 1 can of cherry pie filling (I used the 19 oz can)
  3. 1 can of pineapple chunks (next time I'm going to use crushed)
  4. 3/4 of a can of Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (I used the whole can, I didn't want to waste it)
  5. 1/2 cup of Pecans or Walnuts ( I would suggest crushing the nuts, and I used 2 cups because we like our things nutty, like us)

Chill for at least 1 hour (I made mine the day before we left, and then we didn't even eat it for 2 more days)



Forgive me because I keep forgetting to take pictures of the finished product before its consumed.



But I will tell you that this was delicious! Its an odd color of pink, and the pineapple juice makes it smell funny, but once you get past that it is so scrumptious. I started out eating just a bowl full, but then my MIL brought out an angel food cake and we scooped it over that and it was soo yummy! And very light, not too rich.

No comments: