Friday, July 24, 2009

Week 4 Whip It Up!



So this weeks theme is Healthy Favorites. I was going to share a great sounding Weight Watcher's Recipe, but its been a crazy week and I never go around to making it. However, I did manage to make the Best.Chocolate.Chip.Cookies.Ever! Not kidding. How's that for not doing the assignment correctly? Tuesday was a cruddy day. It was 68 degrees and overcast, with the occasional drizzle. Not perfect July weather if you ask me. It was more like October. So to cheer everyone up, I made these homemade cookies from a recipe in my Amish Cookbook, Home Aromas with the Habegger's. This cookbook is wonderful! Even my husband says it makes for great reading.








Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 c. butter



1 c. brown sugar



1/2 c. white sugar



6 oz. Chocolate chips



2 eggs



2 tsp. vanilla



3 c. all purpose flour



1 tsp. soda



1/2 tsp. salt

Mix butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until creamy. Add chips and dry ingredients; mix well. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.








These cookies were not only super easy to make, but they came out perfectly. I've always had issues with my cookie baking. I can never get my cookies to stay "fluffy" and soft. They usually sink and get crumbly. Not these. The cookies stayed soft for days! I made 30, and still had a good chunk of dough left over, so I wrapped it in plastic wrap and froze it, now I have some handy for the last minute parties at school. My husband used the last 4 cookies to make us some ice cream sandwich's and they were wonderful.







Enjoy!

No comments: