Friday, April 24, 2009

The Newlywed No-More Game

The Couples Quiz. Mawwiage...Stoolen from another blogger, who stole it from Dooce.

What are your middle names?
Mine is Bailey, my mother’s Maiden Name. James’ is Myrl, his father’s name. Almost everyone in our two families has a “family” middle name. Our daughter’s is Kimberly, after my sister Kimberly and so on and so on…I’m hard pressed to come up with anyone in our families who’s middle name wasn’t someone else’s name first.

How long have you been together?
First Date was March 26th 2004, we were married 1 year and 1 week later on April 2nd, 2005.

How long did you know each other before you started dating?
Almost two years I think; we worked together.

Who asked whom out?
Technically he called me to ask me out to dinner and a movie, but he was talked into it by our good friend Zach over the phone, while I was standing right next to him (Zach). So I knew it was coming.

How old are each of you?
He is 32 and I will be 30 next month.

Whose siblings do you see the most?
Both his brothers live with in a 30 mile radius of our home. My sister is a 5 hour drive away *sniff*

Which situation is hardest on you as a couple?
Hmmm, probably finances and career decisions. I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up, he does but it’s hard to get your own photography business off the ground.

Did you go to the same school?
Nope, not even close. But I fully support the Jayhawks.

Are you from the same home towns?
Nope, he moved to Kansas from Ohio when he was 15, I moved to Missouri from Virginia when I was 15.

Who is smarter?
He is for sure. He still knows 10th grade trigonometry. But I have the longer attention span.

Who is the most sensitive?
Definitely me. I’m a cry baby.

Where do you eat out most as a couple?
Mexican, anywhere chips and salsa is served. Chick Fil-A is a close second.

Where is the furthest the two of you have traveled as a couple?
Cozumel Mexico

Who has the craziest exes?
Who has the only exes...

Who has the worst temper?
Again me, see above for most sensitive. It makes for an interesting combination. He is one kool kat.

Who does the cooking?
We share that duty. He’s the better cook, but I’m the picky eater.

Who is the neat freak?
Mostly me, I like the house to always be picked up. But my definition of picked up and his are vastly different. I just think it needs to look neat on the surface. Closets and under the bed are optional. When he does finally decide he can’t live with crap everywhere he goes OCD on me. Everything has its place. One in one out. Nothing must be out of place. Notice no mention of actually "cleaning". We pay someone to do that crap.

Who is more stubborn?
Again, me. I’m always right and don’t tell me otherwise.

Who hogs the bed?
He does. Unless Lily is in bed with us, in which case, she is all arms and legs. It’s normal for one of us to get whacked in the face with a stray foot.

Who wakes up earlier?
James, when it’s photography season at Lifetouch. Otherwise, Lily likes to wake us up. Who needs an alarm when you have a 2 year old?

Where was your first date?
Dinner at Macaroni Grill and a movie, Anchorman!

Who is more jealous?
I don’t think either of us is. But I am the nosy one.

How long did it take to get serious?
We were engaged after 4 months.

Who eats more?He does.
He just ate a piece of cake and is now in the kitchen getting ice cream.

Who does the laundry?
We both do. I fell down the basement stairs last winter. He does most of the switching and hauling up and down the stairs, I put things away.

Who's better with the computer?
He is. But I rule the cell phones!

Who drives when you are together?
Me, because I complain too much about his driving. I just don’t understand how someone who drives like a grandpa the majority of the time, still has more speeding tickets than me?

2 comments:

Joy@WDDCH said...

Hey there! Thanks for your comment on my blog! I wanted to tell you want color that paint is if you decide to use it. It's called Bison Brown and it is Behr paint (Home Depot). Nice to meet someone who lives somewhat nearby, too!

I didn't think about painting the door the cream color. That's actually a pretty cool idea. In fact I could get all creative and paint the panels the green and the rest of the door cream. What a fab idea, thanks!

Joy@WDDCH said...

Awww, and I just read your post and that is such a fun and cute survey!