Monday, January 5, 2009

Rethinking my career

Edited 01/28
Oops. So this was a weird premonition. Layoffs were announced this week. 8,000 employees by March. 36o from my measly department of 1,000. Good chance I'm gonna be on unemployment soon. Good chance I won't be either. So what's the point? The point is that no one knows anything. We've got to work for the next 4 weeks not knowing if we have a job and should be searching the classifieds. This sucks!


So back to work today, yay! No, not really. This sucks. I'm bored. I've got stuff to do, but I don't want to do it. Normally I want to get back to work. I want new stuff to do. That's the problem. I don't have anything NEW to do. Everything is old, and tedious. And boring. Did I mention boring?

On to better things. One of the highlights of my week right now, is going to my Weight Watcher's Meetings. We've moved to a new store front that's all shiny and new. And I love shiny and new. And of course last week there were a ton (no pun intended) of new people, with their New Year's resolutions in their hands. Lose weight, must lose weight. I predict about 75% of the new people will fall off the wagon around Valentine's Day. We'll see.

I've lost 18.6 lbs so far! That's almost an entire toddler. A really small toddler, but MY toddler only weighs 21lbs, so I've almost lost a Lily. Wow! When I hit the 23lb mark then I have to set my WW lifetime goal. It'll be somewhere between 139 and 105 lbs. I don't think I'm going to spilt the difference and being realistic, I'll probably go with 135. We'll see. I also don't expect to hit that 23lbs by next week. That's asking a lot. Maybe in 2 weeks. Wish me luck.

No comments: