Sunday, January 4, 2009

I hate this part

Well its Sunday, the last day of a 2 week vacation. I have to go back to work tomorrow. I don't know how I feel about that. Truthfully, we ran out of stuff to do at home on Tuesday. We're kind of bored. And when we are bored, we shop. Not good for the wallet. But it's also going to be boring at work. This is the time of year where we aren't too busy; things don't pick up until the Spring. So where would I rather be bored? At home in my sweats, hair unkempt, glasses on playing some Wii or PS3? Or at work in uncomfortable heals? However, I only have to work 2 full weeks and then its MLK day and we are off work again. I love that, we are back at work for 2 weeks and then we get a three day weekend. We don't get presidents day off, we don't get Columbus Day or Veterans Day either. I think they picked MLK day because the powers that be knew we'd need another vacation after being back at work just 10 days. And you know what? They'd be right! I'm also taking this Wednesday off, but that's because I have to go to the dentist and the dr. I might try to squeeze an eye Dr visit in too. Make a day of it.

The problem with the last day of vacation is that you either try to cram so much stuff in that you make yourself crazy, or you don't do anything at all so then you feel lazy. I'm going to go for a combination of both. I'll do laundry, haul the Christmas decor to the basement, maybe work out, but for me that's really doing a whole lot of nothing. If I don't have to get in the car and go somewhere, then it's a lazy day.

Enjoy the last day of vacation, where ever you are! And join me in celebrating "coming of age day" in Japan on Jan 12th. I think we should get a day off for that.

No comments: