Sunday, December 14, 2008

Nothing to do and loving it

It's Sunday at 8pm and the weekend is coming to a close. I've been looking forward to this weekend for a long time; why? Because I had a whole lotta nothing to do. I had one thing to do all weekend, and it was also something I look forward to every year (more about that later).

I was excited because I didn't have major plans, nothing that HAD to be done. We could move at our own pace. Friday night we went out to dinner to Chili's, L behaved herself and it was a nice evening. Saturday I had my WW meeting in the morning, 15 lbs and counting! And the only other plans I had were to maybe go to the mall and take a nap. Good thing too because when I woke up I felt horrible. At first I thought it was because L woke us up at 3am coughing and spent the rest of the night with us. So I thought I just didn't get enough sleep. But I felt sick to my stomach and kind of achy. I went to my WW meeting, and drank a large bottle of water and felt somewhat better. I decided to go ahead and go to the mall early so in case I didn't feel good in the afternoon I could laze around. We got to the mall, got done what we needed, made a much needed stop at the grocery and were home by 2. L and I both took naps from 230 to 5 and when I woke up I was not nauseous anymore, but my whole body ached and I was shivering. I skipped dinner, stayed on the couch and we watched Kung Fu Panda. I ended up dozing on the couch until midnight while J played video games.

Sunday I was feeling much better. I spent the morning playing with L and doing laundry and started cleaning out my closet, much overdue. The afternoon was spent with my best college girlfriends. Every year since we've graduated we've gotten together and opened gifts and had lunch either right before Christmas or one year it was New Year's Day. I look forward to it every year, and I hope that we'll keep doing it until we're cranky old ladies! This was either our 5th or 6th year doing it, so its already become a tradition.

The rest of today was spent cleaning out the closet, playing with L, and watching the ice, then snow fall.

I need to seriously update my winter wardrobe. I have 3x as many spring/summer clothes, but am lacking on the warmer, cozier clothing. Must have had something to do with having a baby in the spring, so I was really pregnant in the winter, so I didn't buy any new clothes.

Now I am underneath the electric blanket, with laptop on lap, ready to catch up on some reading and TV shows. Happy Monday!

No comments: